Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Apr 10 16 1:46 AM

Of course, in many of all those instances the leopard or cougar may end up badly or fatally injured after killing the big tiger or bear.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Apr 10 16 1:51 PM

Keith wrote:
Of course, in many of all those instances the leopard or cougar may end up badly or fatally injured after killing the big tiger or bear.

I have only one instance of a panther killing a bear, and the bear was a female defending her cubs that got distracted and actually almost killed the panther. The panther managed to grab the bear by the throat and finish it. 

Can you please post instances of cougars bringing down grizzly bears? That's honestly even more unbelievable than a leopard taking down a lion or tiger. I'd love to collect it for I'm a fan of what I like to call "Miracle accounts."

And yeah leopards are a lot more agile than tigers which I guess in some instances, would overwhelm the tiger or at least give the leopard enough time to get a lucky shot at the tigers/lion's neck, but again, this doesn't happen in the wild. Only in staged fights or in captivity. 

Check out my new site.
http://natureandman.yuku.com/

Quote    Reply   

#23 [url]

Apr 10 16 2:01 PM

Yeah, the wild is much different than an enclosure, in the wild your not fenced in, leopards will run from lioness's why wouldn't they run from a tiger.  But in the enclosure, the wild leopard is forced to fight, its different.  Cats by nature would rather not fight generally, the lion is of course different though.

Ive seen these very large tigers, mixed siberian I guess, and their big, the sheer size alone is going to produce enough power to destroy any leopard easily.  But..., I think it may depend on the leopards as well, Ive seen several different leopards at different sanctuaries, there different sizes.  I saw one male one time with a good size head and thick neck, really thick, now if that thing latched on to the big tigers throat and wouldn't let go, that could be a problem, that seems to be what the accounts show.  But odd thing is we don't really have any accounts of tigers killing leopards of any size in circuses except both killing eachother. Yet we have a lion killing two leopards at once.

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Apr 10 16 9:46 PM

I know that in an enclosure, they are forced to fight, but when the tiger catches the leopard in the wild, wouldn't it be no different when the leopard is struggling against a much larger cat?

Check out my new site.

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Apr 11 16 1:32 AM

"Can you please post instances of cougars bringing down grizzly bears?"

Here http://www.allempires.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=17524&PN=16 you will find many accounts of leopards, cougars and lions vs grizzlies.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#27 [url]

Apr 11 16 7:53 AM

Keith wrote:
"to get a lucky shot at the tigers/lion's neck,"

In the case of the male lion that is impossible due to the mane. The only area for the leopard to target is the lion's nose.

Tigers and male lions are quite a different foe.

Look at the thread of the leopards supposedly killing lions. 

Check out my new site.

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

May 1 16 8:08 PM

Interesting accounts, though i favor the tiger extensively over the leopard. The leopard can sometimes put up a valiant struggle, but usually, the tiger outguns the leopard. The tiger is far too strong and big.

lions are the king of beasts, in both action, and looks!

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

May 2 16 12:54 PM

I agree it should be easy for a tiger to kill a leopard, but in all these accounts that we have, the only time a tiger kills the leopard is when they both kill each other in the process.  Strangely there are no known captive accounts in which a tiger kills a leopards and lives to tell about it. Maybe someone will find one. 

Quote    Reply   

#31 [url]

May 5 16 3:54 PM

Bold, leopards are too fast for tigers. The same happens with bears against cougars. All they can do against the smaller cats will be done just once the tiger or the bear have them biting their throats. This is not so difficult to see, it is just a question of agility and speed.

The only exception here is the male lion, due to their protecting manes. This explains that leopards feel so wary against male lions and confident against tigers or even bears.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help